Thursday, September 6, 2007

World's Greatest Sandwich?

Can a sandwich actually have TOO much corned beef? The answer is, surprisingly, yes.

In his continous quest to find the world's greatest sandwich, Mark visited the world famous Carnegie Deli in New York City just over month ago. Although it was early (11:30am) on a Saturday, the place was packed... and for good reason. The food was very, very good.

Carnegie Deli -- located at 854 7th avenue in the heart of NYC's theater district.


YES - that is a sandwich!


Not a bad way to kill a few hours...


The review: all in all a very, very good meal... but not quite great. While the meat was fresh it lacked world class flavor. Portions were ridculously huge... and at times it felt like I was eating a bowl of beef - not neccesarily a bad thing. While some die hard New Yorkers may disagree but I believe a truly great sandwich includes more than just a pound of beef and 8 slabs of cheese.

3.5 stars out of 5.

1 comment:

Scotty Graham said...

Hey Mark...good to see a new blog entry....I was beginning to lose hope for you. The sandwich looks fantastic...I would love a bowl of beef and cheese...

Scotty